POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fly tying desk(~130K before upload) - Flies.jpg (1/1) : Re: Fly tying desk(~130K before upload) - Flies.jpg (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fly tying desk(~130K before upload) - Flies.jpg (1/1)
From: Ken
Date: 15 Jan 2000 15:30:59
Message: <3880D8CB.17722966@pacbell.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> This is an early version of an image I have been working on, it uses
> MegaPOV radiosity. The table is just a stand-in, and the walls are just
> flat white(well, very light gray). The floor is even worse. :-)
> I will be working on a couple more tools, like a thread holder and maybe
> scissors. Also, a couple pieces of feather, fur, and other materials
> scattered around the desk. When I get most of that stuff finished I will
> make a decent desk and room.
>
> Also, the texturing on the fly box needs a bit more work, it is supposed
> to be one of those brushed aluminum snap shut boxes with ridged foam on
> one side and flat on the other for inserting the flies, but it looks
> like it is one piece. The foam needs to be more white.
> Anyway, everything is hand coded CSG, except for the ridged foam in the
> fly box, which is an isosurface.

Like Bob I like what I see with the flies. The rest of it needs some serious
work :) I personaly would like to see the fly box as more the center of
attention intead of being clipped on the right side. The yellow plastic
has too much highlighting and the work table is garish and distracting
at best. Anxious to see it develop though :)