POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Jesus, in ((( S T E R E O ))) [65kbau] : Re: Jesus, in ((( HAROLDVISION ))) [38kbau] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jesus, in ((( HAROLDVISION ))) [38kbau]
From: TonyB
Date: 15 Jan 2000 10:04:52
Message: <38808c94@news.povray.org>
>remember the
>"hidden image" random dot stereogram fad? If those were easy for
>you then you will be able to free-view parallel stereo pairs.

I was never able to see them and ended up throwing away the only book I had.

>Many stereo photography web sites present the images as a trio,
>Left-Right-Left. That way the viewer can use parallel free-viewing
>or cross-eyed. The version of the Jesus that you made for me has the
>left eye image on the left, so it is a parallel rather than cross-eye pair.
>I know that because when I cross-eye view it I see it in pseudo-stereo.

Oh! Now I get it! I put the left on the left and the right on the right for
both of these images. Silly me! I thought that when you said left and right
they had to go on their respective sides, but now I understand. <Hurries to
try to view them correctly. "Wow!" he exclaims!>

Thanks for the explanation.