POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : stereogram anyone? 51kbu : Re: stereogram anyone? 51kbu Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stereogram anyone? 51kbu
From: Harold Baize
Date: 14 Jan 2000 13:50:40
Message: <387f7000@news.povray.org>
Sigmund,
Love you image and it has great depth.
Don't want to nit-pick but thought I should let you know about the
"violation of the stereo window". The term stereo window is used to
describe the plane defined by the edges of the image. It is as
if you were looking through a window. It is fine for things to come
trough the window into the space in front of this plane, but not to
be cut off, as this does not happen in the "real" world. The tail of
two of the darts is cut off by the edge of the image. In stereo
photography this is considered a big mistake. There is probably
a way to avoid this in the rendering, but it is easy to fix
after the images are rendered, you just trim the images a little to
move the centers a little apart, that will move everything in the
image back behind the plane of the stereo window. You take a few
pixels off the left side of the left image (on the right side in
this cross-eyed pair), and a few pixels off the right side of the
right image (on the left). Then the two darts that are further
away will fall behind the stereo window, while the other three
come out into the viewers space. A good way to think about this is
that the pixels that are at the same position in the two images
will be at the plane of the stereo window (your computer screen).

Harold

----