POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : stereogram anyone? 51kbu : Re: stereogram anyone? 51kbu Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stereogram anyone? 51kbu
From: Harold Baize
Date: 14 Jan 2000 12:40:15
Message: <387f5f7f@news.povray.org>
Slime,
Your absolutely right. The cameras should be kept parallel rather than
trying
to angle them to imitate convergence. That is why the 30:1 rule (which isn't
law mind you, but just a rule of thumb) is so useful.

Harold

<msk### [at] msncom> wrote in message news:387f120e@news.povray.org...
> Just imagine how far apart in your scene the human eyes would be, and for
the second picture translate the camera that much.  make
> each image look in a parallel direction - when people are looking at the
stereo image, the eye-crossing differences will be done by
> their own eyes; it shouldn't be done by the camera.  That's how I did my
image earlier, and it looks fine.