POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome.... : Re: Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome.... Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome....
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 14 Jan 2000 09:23:34
Message: <387f3166@news.povray.org>
"Remco de Korte" <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote :

> I don't mean to be rude but 681Kb seems a bit much for an image.
> I think it is very impolite to do so and even more so since you're
> obviously don't want us to even know your name.

    I sort of agree with this. If it were a special technique that required
such a large post, or maybe something as "awesome" as claimed, maybe... but
for what seems to be several views of a mostly black, simple reiterative ...
um.... thing... I really feel some compression was called for. I reduced it
to 155K without any decrease in visible quality.

    I got all the images in one download and I almost thought I had gotten
locked up and was ready to re-connect... then I found out it was different
views of the same thing!