POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mega Photon Bug? : Re: Mega Photon Bug? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:15:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mega Photon Bug?
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 13 Jan 2000 01:53:48
Message: <387d767c@news.povray.org>
"Nathan Kopp" <Nat### [at] Koppcom> wrote in message

> Set your max_trace_level lower and it won't crash.

That fixed it.  Which brings me to the effects of the photons on the
scene... but that's a different story.

> Mine crashes with a stack overflow when the trace
> level gets to 168.

167 and it renders fine.

> Apparantly I am compiling with a smaller stack size
> than the official version.  Anybody have thoughts as
> to how big of a stack size I should allow?

As big as you can go without having a reason to not go bigger.

Eric
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one
another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own
pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of
labor the bread it has earned.  This is the sum of good government."
     - Thomas Jefferson
     - First inaugural address, 1801
http://www.ametro.net/~ericfree