POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Magia (~62kbau zipped FLC) : Re: Magia (~62kbau zipped FLC) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:30:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Magia (~62kbau zipped FLC)
From: TonyB
Date: 12 Jan 2000 09:29:16
Message: <387c8fbc@news.povray.org>
I'm sorry if I caused you any discomfort, Greg. I hold you in high regard as
a respected member of this community. I never want to get anybody mad. I was
under the impression that you were a slave of the Windows OS, and
recommended AAPLAY. I think there are players for other OSes as well. For
Linux I've heard of xanim (someone help me if I'm wrong here). FLC is a
classic (old) format, and I have tons of files encoded with it, mine and
many by others. I like it because it uses 256 colors (small files) and I can
control the frame-rate of playback. I think that MPEG would compress the
**** out of this tiny image, and it would be best to leave it as is. I
assumed everyone here had some way of playing it or getting a player for it,
as, like I said, it's a classic format. Sorry. Have a nice day. =)