POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HELP/// : Re: HELP/// Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP///
From: Ron Parker
Date: 11 Jan 2000 10:30:32
Message: <387b4c98@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 09 Jan 2000 21:42:28 -0700, ryan mooney wrote:
>Eha...? Penny sample...? where???

In my pocket.  :)

>I am more concerned w/ the Lincoln bust and Memorial for now i am using
>a prism for both but this i not the look i want...

I find it interesting that every image processing program I've ever seen
has a filter to differentiate the image along a direction (usually called
"emboss") but none seem to be able to do the inverse operation; that is,
integrate the image along a direction.  If you could, you could then take
a carefully-controlled photograph of a penny (might need to paint it flat
white first, to remove the specular highlights) and use the integrate
feature to recover the contours.