POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Dumb idea (?): Trees : Re: Dumb idea (?): Trees Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dumb idea (?): Trees
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 10 Jan 2000 15:21:12
Message: <387a3f38@news.povray.org>
Hmmm ... I read this group now a while, and I think the treeIdea is not as
bad ...
especially the idea that not only to use cylinders but blobs for use as the
branches is important, I think ...
But there I got an Idea to offer ...

Why Use the Tree in the Geometrics Part of PoV?? Why create a Geometric
Object ???

Can't we use it as a kind of Media ???
I think this way: I just create a hollow cube, assignin' a texture with a
media. This media is computed by the new tree-Algo with will (with the right
DensityMap) show a nice tree. One Pro would be that, by adding an noise to
this, you can create a relative natural taste of it ...

But I'm sure there are enough Contras to this(just thinking on the speed).

Now it's on you, the masters, to decide about this dumb Idea of a novice ;-)

PS.: Sorry 'bout my bad english ... I'm from germany, you see...