POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Regression tests for POV development : Regression tests for POV development Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Regression tests for POV development
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 10 Jan 2000 13:44:44
Message: <387a289c@news.povray.org>
I am looking for a set of scenes that will test all (or at least most) of
the features of the official version of POV.  I have another important
requirement, though: they must render very quickly.

I want to be able to render all of these before each release of MegaPov to
make sure nothing has been broken.  Regression test scenes for MegaPov
features would also be useful.  Does anybody want to work on this?  Please
don't send individual scenes, as I do not have time to compile the set.  But
if somebody wants to create a set of scenes like this (using some existing
scenes from the POV distribution would be OK with me), I'd greatly
appreciate it.

I plan to use this for the development of MegaPov (I am currently speaking
only for myself, not the POV-Team), but regression testing will also be
useful in development of the official version of POV, so the POV-Team may
wish to also use this set of scenes.

-Nathan