POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : NetRay around? : Re: NetRay around? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NetRay around?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 10 Jan 2000 10:59:27
Message: <387a01df@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 07:30:12 -0800, Ken wrote:

>J Kim wrote:
>>
>> BTW, is the IMP-Pov similar  to this NetRay (in case this NetRay is fully
>> developed)? I just saw your comment about the 'Rendering in a network' thread.
>
>It is similar but it is currently not avialable to the general public.

Just to emphasize what's already in my .sig, I'm speaking for myself only here,
but is that a violation of this clause in POVLEGAL, or is this a separate
program that just invokes a separate copy of POV-Ray on each client machine?

 Custom versions may only be distributed as freeware. You must make all of your
 modifications to POV-Ray freely and publicly available with FULL SOURCE CODE
 to the modified portions of POV-Ray and must freely distribute full source to
 any new parts of the custom version.