POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome.... : Re: Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome.... Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome....
From: Ken
Date: 14 Jan 2000 23:00:17
Message: <387FF0E2.A6FF595A@pacbell.net>
omniVERSE wrote:

> I would welcome a 512KB limit.  After all, this isn't animation binaries which
> are inherently larger.  Even 256KB (such computer numbers, aren't these?) could
> be okay and promote redirected URL posting instead for larger file sizes which
> can be so much quicker anyhow.

Again I would like to say that for the most part people that post images
here do post images with a file size that is acceptable to the visitors
of this group. Occasionally there is the odd image posted that exceeds
what is considered acceptable and for the most part when informed that
they are posting images that are unacceptably large the offenders come
around to our way of thinking. Personally I would like to continue with
peer pressured control rather than server side control. Once the limit
is set it is difficult to go back. If everyone here wants to jump on
the bandwagon and insist on a smaller file size limit I will bring up
this issue with the Server Admin. but only if there is a strong public
vote in favor of it.