POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Some Linux help (not POV related) : Re: Some Linux help (not POV related) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Linux help (not POV related)
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 14 Jan 2000 19:46:02
Message: <387FC393.1EB32BAD@mailbag.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> Following my own post here to make some clarifications.
>
> John is "John the Ripper", a little proggie to crack the md5 for
> /etc/shadow. I hate to have a machine running constantly wihtout
> having anything to do :))
>
> Now, I am not using nohup to run john (or spovray for that matter). It
> is just that they are running on the other consoles and I can't access
> them via ssh. How can I see the progress spovray is making, for
> example? Out simply, is it possible to peek into another console via
> ssh?

If you're redirecting output to file, you can read the file.  That's how
I'd handle s-povray; I don't know enough about how John is put together
to make any recommendations.  Some applications require you to be at The
Console.  My sources suggest there's no way for you to read the tty the
way you have in mind, so I'm inclined to think that file redirection may
be your best bet.

-Mark Gordon