POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome.... : Re: Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome.... Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cones and Cylinders Pic 3 ... Just Awesome....
From: David Fontaine
Date: 14 Jan 2000 17:26:01
Message: <387F9FFC.DBDE4FC3@faricy.net>
> I don't mean to be rude but 681Kb seems a bit much for an image.
> I think it is very impolite to do so and even more so since you're
> obviously don't want us to even know your name.

I most definitely agree. I was able to view the other two but this one
kept jamming in the middle (I read online). The images could be much
smaller, and besides, the are three different views of the same scene and
IMHO the first was quite awesome and the second wasn't nearly as awesome
and as I have only seen a few lines of this one I can't say but the effect
has probably gotten old.
As for names I respect people's privacy but it makes the experience so
impersonal. I feel safe here as it is a private newsgroup, but on ICQ or
at websites I give as little info as possible. (BTW if you specify a
secondary email but not a primary it won't appear in the message
window--at least I think it won't) It's basically a trust issue; I'll send
info to places like Netscape if it's strongly requested.