POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Norwegian Wood Mice.. : Re: Norwegian Wood Mice.. Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Norwegian Wood Mice..
From: Alex Vandiver
Date: 14 Jan 2000 00:25:34
Message: <387EB348.9F938EE0@tiac.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> They could probably be done using media, not sure how realistic it would
> look. I am using individual hairs and fibers for my fly images, even
> making a macro to construct feather tips out of many cylinders and
> cones. I will probably run out of memory before I run out of processer
> power.(I have a 266 G3 with 96MB RAM)

Hrm; media is an interesting idea.  The scary thing is it _would_ be faster.
I never though the day would come..
As to the render speed, methinks the real culprit is my CPU; I've got 128MB
RAM and 400mhz, but in an AMD K6-3, so there go the floating point
calculations..  O for a better processor!

> The floor is interesting...crackle normal?

Bingo.  normal {crackle bump_size 2 scale 1/20}

> Will we be seeing Alt and Delete later?

Depends how many copious free processor cycles I have.. ;>
-Alex V.