POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : saving pictures : Re: saving pictures Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: saving pictures
From: Ken
Date: 13 Jan 2000 17:51:08
Message: <387E5727.823F05C2@pacbell.net>
paulus wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm totally new user to POV-Ray and I use POV-Ray for Windows v3.1. I ran in
> first problem: is it possible to choose output file format anywhere in
> POV-Ray window or do I have to use command line switches? I'd like render
> pictures by pressing 'Render' button rather than using command line
> switches.
>
> Paulus

You can specify the image format inside of an ini file using a switch so that
you don't have to specify it each time on the command line. For example I use
the switch for .tga output as my default. To do this I went to the tools
menu and selected the option to "edit master povray.ini" and added the following
line to the end of the .ini file - Output_File_Type = t . Save the file,
close out of POV-Ray, then restart before the option will take effect.

For other file formats look up the proper switch to use in the docs.