POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Some Linux help (not POV related) : Re: Some Linux help (not POV related) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Linux help (not POV related)
From: Axel Hecht
Date: 13 Jan 2000 06:50:10
Message: <387DBBF4.7FDF315D@numerik.uni-kiel.de>
Peter Popov wrote:

> I now have a separate box running Slackware 7. It has mostly
> everything set up but I need to install and configure SOCKS5 in the
> most secure way. Any ideas, hints or just starters?

My starters were dead end, sorry.

> Another small question. I have john running in the background (two
> days now). I ssh from Windows and try to fg it but it says "no such
> job". Neither the ID nor %job_name works. How do I bring it to
> foreground? This could help with spovray, you know :)

Sounds like you had this started with nohup, right? What you would need
to do is reassigning the pipes for stdout, -err, -in. But they should be
of no use to your program, as it is running without them.
Now do I read you right, you would like to get the graphical output of
the SVGA build to your windows ssh shell? No way. SVGA is directly
accessing your local VGA card, no remote operation included.

Axel