POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Some Linux help (not POV related) : Re: Some Linux help (not POV related) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Linux help (not POV related)
From: Steve Martin
Date: 12 Jan 2000 20:52:18
Message: <387D2FB4.A5E1FC33@usit.net>
> Another small question. I have john running in the background (two
> days now). I ssh from Windows and try to fg it but it says "no such
> job". Neither the ID nor %job_name works. How do I bring it to
> foreground? This could help with spovray, you know :)

According to "Using C on the UNIX System" (O'Reilly & Assoc),
it's a little complicated doing this, because the backgrounded
job is no longer in the terminal's process group. They give
an example of how to do it with a C program, but I don't think
that's what you're looking for, and I'm not sharp enough to
be able to make a command-line entry out of the C code in the
book. Sorry.