POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Regression tests for POV development : Re: Regression tests for POV development Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Regression tests for POV development
From: Ken
Date: 11 Jan 2000 13:27:41
Message: <387B76B7.880CDD66@pacbell.net>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> Do they cover all of the features?

As far as I know yes. There might be some i/o directives not covered
and all of the possible string examples you can come up with are not
present but the basics are all covered to the best of my knowlege.

>  I know they cover many, but I don't know
> if they get everything and they way everything interacts (such as reflection
> used within a texture_map, which is the source of a bug in MegaPov 0.3).

Well that is going to be a problem no matter how hard you try to design a
comprehensive suite of tests. This program has so many diverse features
that the possible combinations are almost limitless.

> I guess that for now I will use those and consider it good enough.  :-)

Works for me :)