POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapatch 0.3 texture map bug? : Re: megapatch 0.3 texture map bug? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapatch 0.3 texture map bug?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 10 Jan 2000 10:19:37
Message: <3879f889@news.povray.org>
PoD <pod### [at] merlinnetau> wrote...
> I mean that the specular highlight, shading and reflections
> rotate when the sphere is rotated.
>
> I'll post a picture of a 4 frame animation in p.b.i
> I'll also get the source from your site and try that.

Ok.  All's clear now.  This is a bug and I will fix it for MegaPov 0.4.  Not
quite sure how yet, but I will fix it.  For now, a workaround is available,
which is to turn off the normal bugfix by putting "#version 3.1" at the end
of your POV file.  (The normal bugfix is applied during the rendering (not
parsing) phase, so changing the version at the end of the file is
sufficient.)

-Nathan