POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Future of Moray/POVray : Re: Future of Moray/POVray (long) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Future of Moray/POVray (long)
From: Rick
Date: 10 Jan 2000 08:07:01
Message: <3879d975@news.povray.org>
ok, you convinced me, i will try delphi when i get chance.

I did do some basic pascal in college, so i do have a bare bones
understanding of it, and i did learn a lot of good and bad programming
techniques, i do try to write basic in the same way i would write C -
otherwise its to easy to get into a real mess - but this can be said of any
lang.

most of my routines are wirtten on paper first, tweaked on paper, then
finally entered and most of the time (barring typo's) tend to work first
time, i never just jump into the editor and write the code off the top of my
head.

but i do take your point that in VB is so easy just to throw all good coding
sense out of the window.

VB isnt that bad to learn on, if your already familar with good coding
prctices, and for quick 'take this' and 'do that' apps is fine, i did some
VB3 at college as well, and yes - that sucked big time.

btw - at college they still teach basic pascal (with turbo pas 3) then in
the second year, you move onto VB, daft i know, you would think that year 2
would build on year 1, like teaching delphi in year2, or starting with C++
and doing VC in year 2.

i think this tread has ventured into the off-topic group, if you reply -
reply there.

Rick