POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Help on comming up with keyword name : Re: Help on comming up with keyword name Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help on comming up with keyword name
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 9 Jan 2000 22:58:44
Message: <387958f4@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote...
> How would it handle the projection? Since it is being projected onto an
> arbitrary object, not necessarily a flat screen plane.

I would use a syntax as a mix between image_map and camera.  You'd specify a
bunch of camera options, and then image_map options.  The image_map options
would determine the mapping (which determines the x and y values that), and
the camera options would determine how the new ray that was created (by
calling create_ray with those x and y values).  Then, you'd just have to
trace the ray that create_ray created.

-Nathan