POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Help on comming up with keyword name : Re: Help on comming up with keyword name Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help on comming up with keyword name
From: Matthew Corey Brown - XenoArch
Date: 9 Jan 2000 20:15:51
Message: <387932BA.96CE49C7@xenoarch.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> In article <38791f53@news.povray.org>, "Nathan Kopp" <Nat### [at] Koppcom>
> wrote:
>
> > There are two concepts here.  One is the portal (hologram), the other is
> > the camera.  They would have to work differently, I think.
>
> Good point, if you made a security camera monitor using the portal
> pigment, the areas visible through it would change as you moved around
> the monitor.

Hence flaten Key word with extra angle. which i forgot to mention
in the first post. However it does require an addition to both
Trace(.., MaxDepth) and Compute_Pigment(..., Ray)

They would work differntly.. but only by calculation of
the ray to trace other wise the other configurations
can be applied to each type.

--
Matthew Corey Brown                                         XenoArch
mcb### [at] xenoarchcom                             http://www.xenoarch.com