POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : snowflakes : Re: snowflakes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: snowflakes
From: Ken
Date: 9 Jan 2000 01:37:04
Message: <38782BF7.36A09B95@pacbell.net>
Warheart wrote:

> Hi all, I just recently discovered the joy Moray and POVray within the last
> month. Right now I am attempting my first scene, and that is a snowman
> complete with pipe, hat, carrot nose and twigs for arms. My question is: Is
> there a way I can make my scene have 'snowflakes' or more or less the
> illusion of snowflakes (after all it IS a snowman) ? Thanks in advance!
>
> Josh

I have had pretty good success creating the illusion of snow by placing
a plane between the camera and the rest of the scene. For the texture of
the plane use a granite pigment with clear areas and white areas in the
color map. The noise function in the granite pattern will help to create
a random snow flake noise pattern for you. A little playing and you should
find something that works.