POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: ACES (another cross-eyed stereogram) ~22k JPEG : Re: ACES (another cross-eyed stereogram) ~22k JPEG Server Time
3 Oct 2024 15:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ACES (another cross-eyed stereogram) ~22k JPEG
From: omniVERSE
Date: 8 Jan 2000 23:37:31
Message: <3878108b@news.povray.org>
Just as with the cross-eye/wide-eye(?) debate I guess so too is the
convergence point.  I had read that the parallel or non-converging method
was typical of stereophotography so that it was the usual choice.
Maybe the cross-eyed method is a result of non-photography stereopairs.
Makes sense though to use the focal-point, except since everything else in a
scene (potentially) is not at that spot it would cause a distortion in the
rest of the scene I suppose.

Bob