POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Toy Top example for MegaPOV motion_blur{} : Re: Toy Top example for MegaPOV motion_blur{} Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toy Top example for MegaPOV motion_blur{}
From: TonyB
Date: 8 Jan 2000 22:25:58
Message: <3877ffc6@news.povray.org>
>If worse comes to worse you can foreward all of your past emails to your
>self and retrieve them with Netscape there by creating a record of them
>all. A bit tedious but I don't know enough about IE to be of much more
>help than that. I do think that you will like Netscape once you have
>made the conversion and get it set up the way you like it.
>
>I am pretty sure that you can import your existing IE bookmark file into
>Netscape though I haven't tried that either.

I meant importing. I have all my e-mails here, and they're long gone from my
server (I delete upon receiving). It's a POP3 server, so the IMAP stuff Jon
mentioned doesn't apply. Basically I wanted to changed to Netscape, and upon
writing here went to investigate. I found that you can import the e-mails
from NN to OE and viceversa, so I changed to NN (temporarily, as I don't
like it). I can't get the "You've got mail!" sound to go off, and every time
I click on a message it automatically marks it as read, providing no option
to turn this off. Also, if I recall correctly, from 4.5 or before when I did
use it, the binaries had to be downloaded each time (they wouldn't stay on
my HD), so animations and images would give me problems. :(

Does anyone know how to work around these inconveniences, or will I just
have to stick to OE, and thus still _need_ to have Windows on this box?