POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.2 Public Beta 1 : Re: ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.2 Public Beta 1 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.2 Public Beta 1
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 6 Jan 2000 08:44:49
Message: <3874934c.9502043@194.174.214.110>
Hi Nieminen Juha, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote:
> : - Removed all Polyray output and support.
>
>   Just curious: Why?
Couple of reasons.

- Polyray is no longer being developed in that form so it's a dead-end
to continue supporting it.

- I found it close to impossible to export material definition to the
corresponding Polyray script.

- Xander is continuing development of Polyray as a DLL and as such it
will be available as a plugin to Moray. Since Xander is developing
that plugin, it makes sense to remove Polyray support and let him
write correct support for the DLL.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray