POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.2 Public Beta 1 : Re: ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.2 Public Beta 1 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.2 Public Beta 1
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 5 Jan 2000 11:11:20
Message: <38736ca0.30273380@194.174.214.110>
Hi jivvy, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Can you tell us some of the features of 3.2?  Help those of us in the middle
> of a scene to decide if we want to implement a beta version.
Basically, most of the changes were in the Plugin System to accomodate
an animation plugin that is currently under development, but we
enhanced a few other things too and fixed many bugs that were in the
old V3.1. Below is a copy of the WhatsNew.txt that comes with the
beta.

- Lutz

What's New in Build 5235
------------------------

This is a list of major new features that are included in
Moray V3.2 Beta (Build 5235). Please see REVISION.TXT for a
detailed list of all changes, including bug fixes.

- Added a Search Path Tab to the View|Configuration dialog that
  allows you to do maintenance your Search Paths without resorting
  to the Registry Editor. Only built-in Search Paths can be
  maintained, any file types that plugins define cannot be edited.

- Added a object creation Toolbar.

- Added a coordinate entry possibility to the sweep editors.

- Changes in the Material Editor and Material Library:
  - Added a Toolbar and improved the menu
  - The previews are now persistent
  - All previews can be rendered at once (Editor and Library)
  - Library contents can be viewed as thumbnails
  - Library contents can be multiply selected

- Made View|Dependencies display all files, whether they are in
  a Search Path or not. If you click on Ignore instead of Browse
  the file will be ignored (it is displayed grayed out).

- Added a "Create ZIP" function to the View|Dependencies dialog.
  It packs up all the files needed for the scene.

- Added Detail level for UDOs in Scene|Settings and in individual
  UDO objects. By default, UDOs use the global detail level set
  in Scene|Settings. You can override the global setting for an
  individual UDO on its Modify Tab. Also improved the loading
  speed of UDOs for those huge Rhino meshes.

- The spinning of the scene with the mouse in the 3D view when the
  camera is selected can now be done by right-dragging in the 3D
  view without needing to select the camera.

- Removed all Polyray output and support.

- Many Plugin SDK changes.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray