POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Royal Coachman(trout fly) - Coachman.jpg (1/1) : Re: Royal Coachman(trout fly) - Coachman.jpg (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Royal Coachman(trout fly) - Coachman.jpg (1/1)
From: Mike
Date: 5 Jan 2000 11:10:24
Message: <387369F1.109F6304@aol.com>
I must have missed the fly thread.  My biggest passion used to be fly
fishing.  I used to go almost everyday when I was living in New York.  There
were so many rivers, big and small, and I would just follow them until I
found a good spot.  Sometimes I would tie a fly on the riverbank to match
what they were going for.  Sigh...I miss that.  I still fish sometimes out
here in IL, but it's only for crappy (closest thing to a trout we got out
here).  Sure, there's some steelhead that come up some of the rivers from
lake michigan, but they are way too big for my taste, and they don't eat so
it's not much fun trying to get them to bite.  The rivers are pretty murky
too.

Your flies look really nice.  You did a good job with the peacock herl -
that's where I had problems when I made a Royal Wulff.  Nice randomness to
the tail and hackles too.  Can't really see any flaws other than the missing
wings, though if you cut a little V in the bottom of the hackles they might
float a little better. :)

Here's two images I did a long time ago of a Royal Wulff .  Not quite as
good as yours but I was proud of them at the time.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fly1.jpg' (93 KB) Download 'fly2.jpg' (120 KB)

Preview of image 'fly1.jpg'
fly1.jpg

Preview of image 'fly2.jpg'
fly2.jpg