POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iso_Pollen : Re: Iso_Pollen Server Time
3 Oct 2024 15:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso_Pollen
From: Ken
Date: 4 Jan 2000 18:17:12
Message: <38727F66.741BE70D@pacbell.net>
David Fontaine wrote:

> > Question for the Guru's   -  Why is it that when bounding is removed this
> > object is a unit sized box object but when bounding is enabled the object
> > fills the bounding volume ?
>
> From the MultiPatch page at nathan.kopp.com:
> "The default is a box of <-1,-1,-1>, <1,1,1>"

I realize that many functions/objects in pov default to a unit square but
what I do not understand is why manual bounding affects this and why it
is not documented as doing so. I also need to know how one determines the
size of the bounding volume to use for a given iso surface object or if
it can be any arbitrary amount.