POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : MegaPOV: what are the new features : Re: MegaPOV: what are the new features Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV: what are the new features
From: Ken
Date: 4 Jan 2000 15:56:42
Message: <38725B27.546F77D@pacbell.net>
Sander wrote:

> Suppose I wanted to know all about the possibilities of MegaPOV. How would I
> find all about this program? I have been looking around, but did not find
> anything that looks like a list of new keywords, functions, objects, etc.
> I am *totally* at a loss. The help files are no help, either. Nathan Kopp's
> sit doesn't enlight me any further. Ken's links do not contain info about
> this (I know I should be prudent here!).
> Help me, please!
> --
> Regards,
> Sander

As far as keywords is concerned there was a list posted in the patches group
just after the release of Megapov. How to use the various features has been
documented along with the distribution of Megapov but not to the extent that
the official version documents new features. This is normal with patched
versions of the program but it can be a bit frustrating. As far as knowing
all of the possibilities of the patch I am afraid you are out of luck. No
one ever knows what all the possibilities of a new patch are even the creator
of the patch. Best way to learn if you want my opinion is to go through the
examples that come with the distribution of the patch and see what they
look like. Then start playing with the ones that interest you. Because
these are all new features you cannot expect everyone to know how it works
and obviously there will not be any tutorials available on these features.
Media has been out over a year now and I only know of 2 tutorials on that
subject which should give you some indication on how such things go. Other
things about new patches are simply not intuitve and it will take some
experimentation of your part before you will ever begin to understand them.