POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Lighting Test (148KB BU) : Re: Lighting Test (148KB BU) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:35:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting Test (148KB BU)
From: omniVERSE
Date: 4 Jan 2000 12:21:37
Message: <38722c21@news.povray.org>
Hmmm, well I just took another look at Cinepak, used it at 100 quality
(best) and 150kb rate, every 15th frame interleave.  It didn't look any
worse than a good Jpg when freeze-framed.  90 frames of 240x180 res. made
for a 929KB file, not too bad imo.  I think I know what you mean though, if
you try to compress it, the comparison to more recent codecs is nul and void
then.  Actually I couldn't say what the average type is being used these
days, though I should think most anyone doing this sort of thing would have
updated to codecs put out at least within a couple years ago which should
mean the Indeo 4.* ones at least and above.

Bob