POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Omega-1 Satellite Image (188kbu) : Omega-1 Satellite Image (188kbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Omega-1 Satellite Image (188kbu)
From: Darcy Johnston
Date: 4 Jan 2000 00:51:28
Message: <38718a60@news.povray.org>
This is a first draft of an image created using a macro I created, based
heavily on Glenn McCarter's interlace code from his Winseat image in the
previous IRTC round. The space image was created with Chris Colefax's galaxy
include. The planet is my own.

The image depicts an image received from a satellite that will be sent out
in the future. It took years for the images to get to earth. But now it is
obvious that it was worth the wait...

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to improve the image, be it
from the space image point of view, or the TV interlacing effect. I realize
that it is quite likely that by the time these images would get back to us,
we would no longer be using TVs so the interlacing effect may well be
eliminated but humor me on this. :)

Darcy

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: