POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Distant Mountain Ranges : Re: Distant Mountain Ranges Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Distant Mountain Ranges
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 3 Jan 2000 11:39:15
Message: <3870D1A6.85759565@geocities.com>
No. Wrong one. Sorry.

What that option really means is "Go ahead and do the incorrect thing when
displaying messages, in direct violation of the RFC's, just because some
programmers out there are too lazy to read the standards, or are trying to force
everyone to switch to proprietary software", but that wouldn't fit on the menu.

Seriously, that's just a display option to correct for broken posts from other
people. (i.e. it treats a symptom upon reciept, not fixes the cause upon sending)