POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding : Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding
From: David Fontaine
Date: 2 Jan 2000 15:07:00
Message: <386FAD9D.53CCB3D5@faricy.net>
>   Bob, you've made a very good point. I don't see a purpose to uploading
> these large images unless they are *final* renders of a given image.
> They consume way too much server space for something that may need to be
> re-rendered at least once every two weeks to remain current with
> additions to the Age List.

I do consider this a "final" render, and for new additions it is always possible
to cancel old posts.

>   I would consider posting a .url where we could take a look for
> ourselves. An alternative would be that any person who renders updates
> to their own work would 'cancel' the previous image to help conserve
> server space for something original. It's all a bit redundant. This
> still doesn't address the concerns of people who download everything
> from this news server and then disseminate it while offline. They are in
> for some unplanned, lengthy online sessions :(

Point taken. I originally thought it best not to use a URL for privacy reasons,
but I suppose mr. art has his age list so that's probably best.

--
Homepage: http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/
 | \     |_       <dav### [at] faricynet>
 |_/avid |ontaine      <ICQ 55354965>