POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Feature Request:PCM Objects : Re: Feature Request:PCM Objects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request:PCM Objects
From: Charles
Date: 1 Jan 2000 20:43:04
Message: <386EA60E.101930A@enter.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:
>   Another possibility would be that I added an output type that 3DWin
> supports to the mesh compressor.
>   Which type is the best and easiest to implement? Perhaps the raw format?

Yes, that would work just as well! Raw format is probably the
easiest choice to work with, and it has all the characteristics
that 3DWin would need to construct an UDO, including the ability
to preserve individual components of multiple part models. Since
one would already have the PCM file, the user would only need
write a handful of lines to an INC file to complete the process.
That would be a very helpful additional feature!

Charles