POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : craters : craters Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  craters
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 1 Jan 2000 20:05:56
Message: <386EA3D5.9C998A08@xs4all.nl>
The attached image is not raytraced, it's a snapshot of the preview
window of a utility that is supposed to create planet(oid)s and add
craters and stuff. I tried doing this in POVRay but it took days to
parse at a reasonable resolution. In this case a preview only takes a
couple of minutes with the displaying part being the most time
consuming.
Finally I ran into problems with the amount of data. Apparently the
program can't handle datastreams larger then 8(?)/10(?)/16(?)Mb (I don't
know exactly what the limit is) and the resulting files are enormous.
The example here has some 130000 triangles, which is more or less the
maximum, but it still doesn't look quite right.
The program is supposed to write all data to an inc-file with either a
couple of data-arrays or a mesh, but I'm afraid the filesize will be a
problem.

Remco

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: