POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : ANN: Smoke Gen Include PlugIn for Moray : Re: Smoke Gen Include PlugIn for Moray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoke Gen Include PlugIn for Moray
From: Charles
Date: 30 Dec 1999 14:07:04
Message: <386AAF8A.48960AE0@enter.net>
Glen Adomovicz wrote:
> Open the Moray ini file in note pad and near the bottom you should find
> version=3, see example below-
> [...]
> I then changed where it says Version=3 to Version=3.1 Then the plugin worked
> fine. As always when working with such files make a backup of the Moray.ini
> file and then make your change.

FWIW, I personally feel its better to just delete the line refering
to Version altogether. POV-Ray will default to its current version
if nothing is specified anyway, and this will save trouble should,
say, version 3.5 come out while you're still using the current
Moray. Also, there's side benefits, like if you want to output to
some unofficial compile, like MegaPOV, which uses a different
version number (3.14159, believe it or not <g>); Granted the
new (and unofficial) features are not accessible from the current
modeller version, but if you #include a handwritten file taking
advantage of newer capabilities or something, having Version=3.1
explicitly specified will cause problems all over again.

Just my two cents,
Charles