POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon help needed : Photon help needed Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Photon help needed
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 28 Dec 1999 15:17:54
Message: <38691AEE.E4FA5824@stud.ntnu.no>
I just can't get those photons working.
I've fiddled around with the photon blocks from ThreeLenses and
radiance.pov, but whatever I try my scene stucks with building photon
maps forever. And nothing seems to hit, cause 'total' is still zero.

My scene is rather large, one unit beeing one mm.  Does this affect
photon mapping? The room is 5 by 5 m and the light sources are app. 60
cm from the object which is 8 cm in diameter. The table is 1 m^2 and
reflective.

sig.