POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : uv_mapping image_map : Re: uv_mapping image_map Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uv_mapping image_map
From: Charles
Date: 27 Dec 1999 16:34:40
Message: <3867DA68.5ED8186D@enter.net>
Yeah, this is not easy to grasp at first, based on the demos and
docs currently out there. And if you're dealing with that many
patches and trying to apply the uv_vectors by hand, you definitely
have my sympathy! <g> I had a couple problem figuring out the right
orientations for a 2x3 patch banner.

Actually if you (or any one else here for that matter) would be
interested, I have what I consider a decent pair of sample demo
files illustrating this process. It just consists of two POV
files, and two small PNG files. One POV file uses a single flat
bezier to demonstrate how to orient maps onto its surface, and
the other is a pair of those 6 patch banners I mentioned above
showing how to select uv_vectors to stretch the image across
the complete banner. Let me know, and I can zip it up and put
it out on my site for pickup if you'd like.

Charles
-------
http://www.enter.net/~cfusner