POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug in default texture : Re: Bug in default texture Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in default texture
From: mr art
Date: 26 Dec 1999 11:33:04
Message: <38664329.A6DF285A@gci.net>
Sigmund Kyrre Aas wrote:

> Try rendering this in MegaPov 0.3 with and without the default{}
> statement.
> You'll see that the shadow from the transparent disc will become
> black when default{} is present.
>
> sig.
>
> default{texture{pigment{rgb x}}}

Thinking that it had something to do with what was included in
the #default {} block, I tried including/excluding most of the
#default {texture {}} returns no error messages ( and it shouldn't )
#default {texture {pigment{}}}
	returns a "no pigment" error( and it should )
#default {texture {normal {}}}
	returns a "no normal" error( and it should )
#default {texture {finish {}}}
	returns no error messages ( and it shouldn't )
It is as if #default carries a finish that overrides even declared
finishes. I hope this helps in the bug hunt.