POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : uv_mapping image_map : Re: uv_mapping image_map Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uv_mapping image_map
From: Charles
Date: 25 Dec 1999 16:26:28
Message: <38653678.5B354300@enter.net>
I think I see what you're saying. I had the same problem when I was
experimentally trying to make a long, curling banner out of multiple
patches and wanted to map one image map across the full length of
it. What you want is that "uv_vectors" keyword on each of your
patches. There's an example in demouv2.pov that comes with the
sample files. First render it as it appears, then try changing
the line that reads...

uv_vectors <0, 0>, <1, 1>

uv_vectors <.5, .5>, <1.5, 1.5>

and re-render, and it should become clear what this does and
how it can help with the "one image across several patches"
problem. Should be ideal for flags.

Charles