POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : uv_mapping image_map : Re: uv_mapping image_map Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uv_mapping image_map
From: Francois Dispot
Date: 24 Dec 1999 16:41:07
Message: <3863E871.772ABE0F@club-internet.fr>
Phil Clute wrote:

> I found a thread on this before but I can't seem to find it twice...
>
> I am trying to apply 1 image_map to 45 bicubic_patches but I am getting
> 45 image_maps applied to each bicubic_patch, some are even turned in the
> wrong direction.
> In the thread I can't seem to find now, Nathan mentioned using
> uv_vectors
> to correct this. But I'm not sure how this works. I tried fiddling with
> it
> but didn't notice any changes.
> I suppose I could try breaking up the image_map into several pieces and
> apply them individually to each patch but I'd rather learn how
> uv_vectors
> works.
>
> For those who are curious I'm making a flag.

I wrote a little thing about this some time ago, which might interest
you. The flag generation part is not really what one would call an
extremely scientific work, but the mapping tricks are there. I just
tested it, and it still works with MegaPov:

http://www.wozzeck.net/images/flag.html

Hope this helps.

--