POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : uv_mapping image_map : uv_mapping image_map Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  uv_mapping image_map
From: Phil Clute
Date: 24 Dec 1999 12:56:57
Message: <3863B3E7.94FDF72E@tiac.net>
I found a thread on this before but I can't seem to find it twice...

I am trying to apply 1 image_map to 45 bicubic_patches but I am getting
45 image_maps applied to each bicubic_patch, some are even turned in the
wrong direction.
In the thread I can't seem to find now, Nathan mentioned using
uv_vectors
to correct this. But I'm not sure how this works. I tried fiddling with
it
but didn't notice any changes.
I suppose I could try breaking up the image_map into several pieces and
apply them individually to each patch but I'd rather learn how
uv_vectors
works.

For those who are curious I'm making a flag.

TIA
--
Phil
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.