POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : 'normals on' in radiosity is undocumented? : Re: 'normals on' in radiosity is undocumented? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'normals on' in radiosity is undocumented?
From: TonyB
Date: 22 Dec 1999 10:39:29
Message: <3860f0b1@news.povray.org>
>  At least I didn't find it in the megapov documentation (except the
complete
>history section).

Here's what I read:

6. Miscellaneous changes & bug fixes

You can specify an adc_bailout for radiosity rays.  Use adc_bailout = 0.01 /
brightest_ambient_object for good results.
Fixed a bug relating to error_bound and samples stored during the first
radiosity pass.
Radiosity estimation is affected by surface normal.  <----

I took that to mean that it always used the normal now. I guess it doesn't.
Thanks for clearing this up.