POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : FTP problems : Re: FTP problems Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FTP problems
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 22 Dec 1999 08:32:32
Message: <3860D2F5.1182D1C1@mailbag.com>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Thanks Nathan. I'll have a lot to play with next year.
> Megapov wouldn't be a working name for Pov 3.5, by any chance ? It's full
> of incredible goodies, fixes old "official" problems, compiles under
> several platforms... Radiosity and media now work fast and well...
> Wow. It really looks like something the next official Pov could (should)
> be.

POV-Ray 3.5 and MegaPov are similar in some ways, different in others.
Anyone who was thrown by the fact that the UniMegaPov 0.1 and 0.2
makefiles had "POV-Ray 3.5" at the top can rest assured that this was a
mistake on my part (it saved me some rewriting to modify an early
version of the 3.5 makefile, which already had targets and dependencies
related to some new files found in both 3.5 and MegaPov, and while I got
all the actual code cleaned up, I forgot to modify the comments).

-Mark Gordon