POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Blinn Shading : Blinn Shading Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Blinn Shading
From: TonyB
Date: 20 Dec 1999 11:00:58
Message: <385e52ba@news.povray.org>
OK, guys. Let me put it this way. My physics teacher, who was supposed to
help me understand the formulas I dug up off the Internet claims that he
only sleeps in this house and is never really there, so I won't be getting
any help from him, and I don't see any of my programmer friends on ICQ very
often lately (if I do, they're busy or falling asleep). I really would like
to add Blinn shading and, as far as I can tell, this shouldn't be too hard.
I am not a good programmer (as I have not been able to dedicate too much
time to this), so I am going to post the link I got, and pray that one of
you geniuses can add this to MegaPOV (and eventually OfficialPOV). Please
answer my call. Thanks.

Here's the main link: http://www-graphics.stanford.edu/courses/cs348b-97/
And here is the direct link:
http://www-graphics.stanford.edu/courses/cs348b-97/local/local2.html

Look for the "Torrence-Sparrow-Blinn-Cook" model. Good luck. =)