POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : dat_?d_? : Re: dat_?d_? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dat_?d_?
From: david sharp
Date: 17 Dec 1999 09:04:31
Message: <385a42ef@news.povray.org>
Nieminen Juha <war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote in message
>   What I would want to be able to do is to create df3 density maps
> inside povray itself, without external files. Just like it's possible to
> create a heightfield without an external file in megapov.
>   Is this already possible in megapov?

I am not sure what you mean, but with MegaPov or SuperPatch
I think you can use an isosurface function as a density, as in:

#declare densfn=function{x^3+y-z^2}

sphere{0,.5
 texture{
   pigment{rgbt 1}
 }
 interior{
     media{
       emission 1
       density{
         function{densfn}
         color_map{
            [0     rgb<1,1,1>]
            [.1    rgb<0,0,1>]
            [1     rgb<0,0,0>]
         }
       }

    }
 }
 hollow
}

(I am *not* saying that this snippet is good example!
It is just to show syntax)