POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV Feature Request : Re: POV Feature Request Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Feature Request
From: Ron Parker
Date: 15 Dec 1999 10:35:56
Message: <3857b55c@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:30:37 -0600, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>In article <38575816.BCA8F79E@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
>wrote:
>
>> Eric Freeman wrote:
>>>
>>> How about a line number to go along with the "no pigment type given" error
>>> message???
>>>
>>> Eric
>>> (who just spent an hour tracking down an object with no pigment)
>>
>> I hate to admit it Eric but when you are right you are really right.
>> That is one bugger of a problem to find sometimes.
>
>If no line number is listed that looks like a bug to me - so you know what
>to do :-)

It's a little harder to fix than one might think.  The warning is printed
in post_pigment, which is called when the object finishes parsing, potentially
several lines after the texture is parsed.  Still, we should at least be able
to get the line number of the end of the relevant object declaration.