POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Using the official Win32 POV3.1g editor with the MegaPatch? : Re: Using the official Win32 POV3.1g editor with the MegaPatch? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using the official Win32 POV3.1g editor with the MegaPatch?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 15 Dec 1999 09:30:09
Message: <3857a5f1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 05:57:50 -0800, Ken wrote:

>Ron Parker wrote:
>
>> >True.  The source code to the 3.1g interface is not available.
>

>> 3.1g Windows source is available, but I'm not sure it was ever
>> announced.
>> Note that the date is after the date of the 3.1g executable.  If you
>> download it, you should find that it's the 3.1g code (I did, and it is.)
>
>I announced it on Aug, 28, 1999 in the programming group where upon you
>informed me that both the SuperPatch and UVPov were both based upon the
>source for v3.1g where upon I then said "Arf garble hendershnap @#$?!!!"
>and you then replied "Exactly".

Actually, I believe I informed you that they both worked with the 3.1g
editor, despite being based on 3.1a or 3.1d Windows source, though upon
reading my post now I see that that might not have been clear. The last
superpatch is still based on 3.1d source, too, though I've had the 3.1g
public source for a while now.

You can tell an unofficial 3.1g build from any other build because by
default the icon is cyan instead of white.